Thursday 10 July 2014

Tom Ford Eye Colour Quad in 02 Cognac Sable



Straight off the bat; this is my least favorite Tom Ford Eye Colour Quad that I own. I bought this from David Jones more than two months ago and I haven't even touched it since three days ago because I never got the chance to take a picture of it in all its brand-spanking-new glory. I'm not sure if I got a dud one but my feelings for this quad is definitely spiking on the opposite end of the graph. Where it shouldn't be with the price tag it came with. 






Top Left
Bottom Left
Top Right
Bottom Right
L - R: Top Left, Bottom Left, Top Right, Bottom Right
Blurry photo to show the intensity of the sparkle copper shadow
I purchased this quad as it is the only one from his line of ten or so quads, that has a light beige champagne and a mid tone brown shimmer (the two eyeshadows on the left side of the quad). As you can see from the swatches, the two shades on the left are not that striking in pigmentation. These already are multiple swatches layered, so you can understand my disappointment in this palette when my other quad in Cocoa Mirage, Golden Mink and Orchid Haze achieve this kind of pigmentation with just one soft swipe of the finger.

To add fuel to this disappointment, all the reviews that I've read about Tom Ford not worth the hype etc have been reviews about Cognac Sable. So there you go, give Cognac Sable a miss if you are thinking about investing in Tom Ford Beauty products.

Don't get me wrong, these are not bad eyeshadows. These are not of poor quality. This is just a comparison to other Tom Ford's eyeshadows and my disappointment is only that the line seems to be inconsistent and I have been a devout follower of the creative genius that is Tom Ford.

The colour choice of this palette also rubs me the wrong way. I can't imagine the four colours complementing each other on the eyelids at the same time. There are three warm toned shades (one of them, the copper glitter shadow, is extremely warm might I add. Probably too warm for me) and a random cool-toned purply brown on the bottom right corner. I tried to blend this colour with the mid toned brown on the bottom left of the palette in order to deepen and add more definition to the crease but the two colours may as well have been red and green. They just didn't look natural together. The only variation that looks good with the copper glitter is when applied over the mid toned brown.

The wear of these eyeshadows is great. An eyelid primer definitely helps with pro longing its wear time throughout the day as well as pigmentation. The shadows don't crease and offer a subtle glow to eyelids with its light shimmers.

Have you tried Cognac Sable? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?