Friday 4 July 2014

By Terry Rouge Terrybly Age Defense Lipstick in #101 Flirty Rosy



I'm about to make a big statement here and I don't go around making big statements lightly. I may have just found the creamiest lip formula to ever glaze over my lips. I've heard about these lipsticks before, a notable blogger who raves about these Rouge Terryblys is Karima from Shameless Fripperies. But I had not yet come down from my high from Tom Ford's Lip Colours so at the time, I didn't give By Terry's the time of day. I was recommended this from my regular Mecca Cosmetica makeup artist Ashley and I couldn't stop eyeing my plump and moisturized lips in the mirror all afternoon. 










I purchased this lipstick in colour 101 Flirty Rosy (and have already added a few more other colours to my mental shopping list since then). It is just my kind of deep pink nude with a slight brown tone to it. I'd definitely say this is a "mature" nude colour. All of By Terry's Rouge Terrybly nude lip shades lean towards the brown corner of the colour spectrum. They do however, also have some of the most vibrant bright reds in the whole lipstick industry. Considering I have quite naturally pigmented lips, this is a perfect colour for everyday.

The finish is a satiny texture, the colour; extremely opaque. At first application, I was reminded of the texture of YSL's Rouge Voluptes but this Rouge Terrybly adheres to the lips better and kind of sets in place. The Rouge Voluptes I owned tended to slide around while I talk or when I rub my lips together.

All of the By Terry products that I currently own contain Hyaluronic Acid which adds and locks in moisture where applied. Terry is all about staying moist and hydrated hence explaining the creaminess of this lipstick. The pigmentation lasts averagely in my opinion, nothing noteworthy but it does evenly stain the lips a little bit allowing you to look presentable even if the lipstick has worn off.

This lipstick is a cringing $66 for a bullet of 3.5g. I honestly can't believe it either. But to me it was worth it because this was one of those pleasant surprises where you took a blind gamble on one of these ultra-luxurious niche brands and came out with a new holy grail.

Have you tried anything from the By Terry line? What's something you could recommend me to try next from the Brand? I'm a little obsessed with Terry now.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?