Tuesday 24 June 2014

MAC Limited Edition Pedro Lourenco Nude Eyeshadow Quad




Another Nude palette released? Not to worry, I'm already onto it. I stumbled across this accidentally when I was trying to purchase some Alluring Aquatic products from maccosmetics.com.au and at the time I did the whole "you don't need another neutral palette. you already have tens if not a hundred similar colours in your collection already" and guess what, I added this sucker to my cart the very next day and am here to tell you all about it today.









L - R: Pink Sand LE, Rose Cloud LE, All That Glitters, Sable


I think this is one of those palettes that draws almost every single girl in. But once you have a play with the tester instore, have a bit of a swatch, most girls would put this back down and choose to walk away. This is because the colours are very common. Either you would have the exact shade from MAC's permanent collection or you would easily be able to find one similar from another brand. They are just not that special colour-wise. In the four shadows two are permanent and two are limited edition. Pink Sands LE (matte) a pastel pink, All That Glitters (Veluxe Pearl) champagne shimmer, Rose Cloud LE (matte) beige brown, Sable (Frost) brown shimmer. 

Colours aside, the packaging is quite wooooo worthy. When has black and gold never looked chic together? It is a matte rubberized plastic similar to that of Nars so I have a slight concern that it might get dirty very quickly. Nonetheless, having all these beautiful everyday colours readily available in a compact quad gets a big tick in my books.

The texture is so creamy and soft and pigmentation is on point. This is on the total opposite end of the spectrum compared to the Warm Neutrals Palette that I reviewed a few months back. The colour picks up easily, applies opaque and blends smoothly. There is nothing that I could fault on the quality of these shadows. This quad has recharged my love for MAC products after my dislike for the neutrals palette.

Here I have some comparisons to similar shades that I own in MAC permanent range to see how they compare to the Pedro Lourenco palette. I thought I only had All That Glitters and Wedge which is almost identical to Rose Clouds but as I was rummaging through my MAC shadows trying to find dupes to which I felt pretty triumphant when I thought I had found one for Sable, turned it over to see what shade it was and guess what...it was Sable. Turns out, I already had it and forgotten all about it. Sheesh! So in hindsight, I did not need this palette AT ALL. But I still don't regret buying it because I love all the shadows and the quality is top notch. 

I couldn't quite find a dupe for Pink Sands but it is quite a straight forward pastel beige pink which in my opinion is not actually required because for my eyes, I much prefer All That Glitters all over the lid and Pink Sands is too pink to highlight the brow bone for my yellow toned asian skin. The dupe for Rose Cloud as I mentioned above is Wedge. Wedge is just slightly more browner whereas Rose Cloud is more a grey brown. All That Glitters and Sable from the permanent range are pretty much the same as inside the Pedro Lourenco palette but if you look closely at the swatches,  the shadows from the permanent range and slightly darker. Just a tad. And the shadows from the palette are just minutely sheerer upon application. Both still beautiful though.


L - R: Wedge, Rose Cloud
L - R: Permanent All That Glitters, Palette All That Glitters
L - R: Permanent Sable, Palette Sable

This palette is currently available for AUD $72 from MAC Pro Stores or through their website maccosmetics.com.au so hurry along and check it out if you are interested. Use code "CHECKOUT" at the checkout for free shipping if your order is under $100. Only valid for a few days.

Have you seen this palette? What is your favorite Limited Edition eyeshadow quad from MAC?
Thanks for reading.

xx

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?