Monday 26 May 2014

Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo in Nude No. 3, No. 4, No, 5 and No. 6



I may have gone a little overboard in choosing my "perfect nude" with Hourglass' Femme Nude Lip Stylos. The idea is to choose your ultimate nude lip colour from a selection of six shades. The lightest two shades were too concealer lips on me for my liking and the rest went into my shopping basket...










Nude 3
Nude 4
Nude 5
Nude 6
Nude No. 3 is still a bit too light for me I think. I think it would suit light complexion girls with cool/pink undertones.

Nude No. 4 is your perfect pink nude infused with just the right amount of beige. This is the universal shade for light skin toned babes which is suitable for all occasions and majority of makeup looks.

Nude No. 5 is a brown pink nude with a hint of gold shimmer throughout it. This is one of the "glossy" nudes from the Femme Nude range due to the subtle golden shimmers.

Nude No. 6 is a mauve pink nude. Slightly on the darker side of the nude spectrum but none the less, still a nude. I think this would only suit from light to medium skin tones, meaning that this lip styli range does not cater to dark skinned beauties. For darker skin tones I think it will be a hit or miss depending on the individual.

These lip styles are extremely creamy, I actually accidentally fell asleep with this on my lips and it lasted all night without drying my lips out. My lips felt like they had a balm on them rather than a lipstick. No need to mention that the pigmentation is also long-lasting since it remained overnight. But during the day, the lip stylos can't get passed a few cups of coffee and a meal. Reapplication will be needed to look like your everyday polished self.

These lip styles retail for $42 each and is available from Mecca Cosmetica and Mecca Maxima.

What is your ultimate nude lipstick?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?