Saturday 29 March 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms


The Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms came out a couple of months ago in US and UK and just from looking at youtube swatches and blogger reviews I was pining to get my hands on this to try for myself. Boy, boy, boy are these good?! They are jolly amazing! I don't know how I can give you a proper review of this product and contain my excitement. I bet I can use three words to make you pine for it too. 




pigmented, long-lasting, CHEAP!





Anyway, let's not waste anymore time and get on with the swatches. If you like what you see, please run, don't walk, to your nearest Revlon stand and give your credit card a little exercise.

First up, 230 Complex;
This is your everyday peach nude. It is not the best suited nude for my skin tone. The peachy coral colour is just too prominent for my yellow skin tone to pull off. But for fairer skinned goddesses, this could be a great everyday neutral lip shade to match a strong eye look.




205 Elusive;
One of the most popular of the matte balm shades. A innocent baby prink by day and a sleek man eater by night. Best suited with flawless skin, a neutral eye and little to no blush.




215 Shameless;
This colour is not for the faint of heart. And I have to admit, it is not my cup of tea. I probably won't get more than 10 uses of this lip shade in my whole lifetime. It's a deep purple shade mixed with bright fuscia. It reminds me of a YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in colour 19 I believe, I don't own it but it is one of their most popular shades. A light application of this with some lip balm and you can definitely get away with it for everyday wear.




225 Sultry;
One of my most favorite colours, this is the perfect muted red for this coming Autumn. It is the colour that I have been reaching for more than the others. Although sometimes I am uncomfortable wearing such a bright lip pushing a puke-stained baby and saliva all over my dress. 




250 Standout;
Standout is a fire-y red and what Tyra Banks would call Fierce. This colour is your go-to classic red shade for all the special occasions for the rest of your life.




Although the name no longer includes Balm Stain like the original kissable balm stains, the matte balms are highly pigmented and do leave a stain on the lips after just a mere application of a few minutes. This can ensure that your balm won't go patchy and will remain through out your life-saving coffee breaks and 3:30-itis chocolate bar. There is a herbal smell to the balms and a slight tingling feelings after I apply it but it is not so strong as to distract you away from your daily duties.

stained lips
Are there any colours that you're going to be racing out to get?

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting and informative blog. It's really useful blog. I really loved reading your blog. haute

    her

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts?