Tuesday 11 March 2014

New Maybelline Colorsensational Lipsticks

I haven't seen many reviews or anybody rave about these new Colorsensational lippies from Maybelline yet. I have read a short review about them from The Sunday Girl's blog and I can't actually remember whether she liked it or not. The reason no one has really talked about these is maybe because they're not that readily available in Australia yet. I've only seen them in Coles (which is where I bought mine) and just recently, Priceline. Target, Big W etc don't have them yet which is strange. 

As I bought mine from Coles, it's in the dreaded full packaging and no testers. Urgh! So I picked three shades and prayed that they were wearable. I haven't seen any swatches of these lipsticks, and only scanned through a short review from which I didn't pay attention about texture or consistency (nice one Kristen).







The Coles that I visited didn't have all the shades either so I just picked the ones that I thought sounded like shades that I could wear everyday. I bought two from the Stripped Nudes range which are Tantalizing Taupe and Coffee Craze and I bought one from the Bold Matte range which was called Nude. The packaging of the Stripped Nudes is exactly the same as the existing range but the lids are all the same beige colour and do not particularly reflect the colour the of the lipstick. The lid of the Bold Matte lipstick is a matte plastic with no shine or reflection to it. It also has a sort of reflective mirror on the top of the lid which is new.







As you can see, the colours are all really alike. There are only so many variations of nude lipsticks out there. Choosing these colours was also result of no testers available for swatching instore. However, once I applied these to my lips, they had their own distinctive colour and texture. (In hindsight now that I have seen the full range in Priceline and swatched them all, I'm completely satisfied with the three that I have chosen. Not one more, not one less).

Tantalizing Taupe
Tantalizing Taupe
Tantalizing Taupe
Tantalizing Taupe is a pale pink nude suitable for light/medium skin tones. Upon first application, I thought it washed me out a little but within a few minutes, it starts to adapt to enhance my natural lip color. You can definitely wear this lipstick when you are trying to achieve a natural no-makeup makeup look or when you are rocking a very bold smokey eye.
Coffee Craze
Coffee Craze
Coffee Craze
Coffee Craze is a brown nude with a splash of peach in it to give it a little oomph. When I see this lip shade, I think of sophisticated, mature, suit-wearing working-girl. If I worked in an office somewhere, this would be my new go-to choice for the working hours. Can't go wrong for the more serious occasions.

Nude
Nude
Nude
Bold Matte Nude is definitely a lipstick not for everyone, everyday. This lipstick or even this range would not compliment anyone who doesn't have perfect lips. If your lips are flaking or dry, this lipstick would only make it appear and feel ten times worse. The texture however is amazing. It is definitely matte in appearance but feel like butter on your lips. This is great if you condition and scrub your lips on a daily basis. I, obviously don't exfoliate my lips enough and need to get on top of that.

L - R:
Stripped Nudes: Tantalizing Taupe and Coffee Craze
Bold Matte: Nude
In terms of wear, it definitely lasts up to 4 hours. But re-application is needed after each meal. Some pigmentation may get lost with your beverages and coffee but still maintains quite an even finish. These colours don't tint the lips and is quite easily removed when taking it off. 

There are five shades in each range I believe. In the stripped nudes collection I picked out the middle two shades so there is two lighter and one darker. In the Bold Mattes I think Nude is the lightest colour. They retail for $16.95 each which is mid-range for drugstore lipsticks. Overall, I'm quite impressed and glad that I gave these a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?