Monday 3 March 2014

Monthly Marvels: February 2014

Yet another month has gone by. Time really does fly when you have a baby to look after. You get into a routine of feed, playtime, nap, feed, playtime and nap. February has also been a huge month of makeup shopping. There are so many products that I want to get through but I just have the one face and one application per day so there is no way that I could get through all my cosmetics. I still haven't touched a lot of the Chanel, Benefit and Dior products that I featured in a high end haul end of last month. 

Here are the products that I have been thoroughly enjoying throughout the entire month of February.






The Face: I have worn this Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer for about 26 out of February's 28 days. It is the perfect barrier between my skin and the artificial, chemically produced cream that I use to cover my facial imperfections. I only just recently discovered the MAC Prolongwear Concealer and my goodness, what a concealer! Got $32 to spare, you know what you need.


The Cheeks: Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze 01 adds the most subtle brightening sheen to your cheeks without any noticeable shimmer. It really is matte and radiant all at the same time. Kevyn Aucoin's The Celestial Powder in Candlelight is like a dimmed down version of The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer. It is that same gorgeous golden champagne glow but just not as amped up and bright. My blush of choice this month is MAC's Melba. Why did it take me this long to discover it? I really can see it suiting girls of all skin tones.


The Eyes - Palettes: I purchased this Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow Palette at the beginning of this month and I've almost come to the decision to buy another one as a backup. Just in case I run out of this. Is this palette limited edition? I think it might be. The second palette I've been using is my Make Up Geek palette. I don't use all of the colours, I only use Shimma Shimma and Purely Naked on a regular basis but what I love most about this palette is the huge mirror. I love using this mirror to apply my eye liner and eyebrows. Just so huge and clear.


The Eyes - Singles: MAC's Prolongwear eyeshadow "One to Watch" is a wonderful pink toned light brown shadow. It has a really subtle shimmer so it is still appropriate for using in the crease. I have been teaming this up with "naked" pigment all over the lid. I haven't gone many days without using a MAC paint pot. Groundwork is perfect for priming the lids before a smokey eye look and Soft Ochre is great for...all other looks. Hehe.


The Lips: Tom Ford Lip Colour in Sable Smoke. This is what I've been wearing every. single. day. It is my second baby.


The Applicators: The Mecca Cosmetica Powder Brush is softer than all the brushes that I own. That includes, MAC, Sigma and Real Techniques. I've started using my Elf stippling brush again after I've seen some youtube tutorials use stipple brushes to apply blush. And once I started using it again, I knew I had been missing out since I put it down. The Real Techniques Setting Brush is the most ideal brush to powder set your under eye concealer, setting concealing around the corners of your mouth and in the corner of your nose. It hits the spots that a powder brush would merely lightly brush over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?