Sunday 13 October 2013

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer


The Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer is my second "Youtube made me buy it" product for this month. After watching all the reviews, I needed this humungous 18gram jar of concealing goodness in my collection. 

My current holy grail concealer is the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer and these two products can't be anymore different. First is the texture. LM is a solid and dry-to-the-touch cream which needs to be warmed underneath your fingertips prior to application. It also doesn't spread so much upon application (which I guess is also why it's such a great concealer because it doesn't move at all) and has to be blotted on using stippling motions. The Kevyn Aucoin SSE is creamy soft and if you don't use a light touch, you're likely to get too much product on your finger. It is so rich and creamy that the smallest amount can be spread over a substantial surface area with fairly high coverage.

The colour that findation.com matched me to was SX04 which is light with yellow undertones. I did find a little bit of creasing under the inner corners of my eyes. But i still consider this to be a small flaw which can be overlooked once I set it with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. 

This small jar of goodness is fairly pricey. I purchased it from yesstyle.com.au for AUD$58. However, LM Secret Camouflage was $49 for half the amount of product, so in the end it seems worthwhile. I am definitely interested in trying out more of Kevyn Aucoin's products. The packaging for some is so slick and absolutely elegant. 





Have you used Kevyn Aucoin products? Is there anything you could recommend me to try for next time?


No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?